Friday 12 February 2016

Valentines Inspired Marshmallow Crispies | Little Appetites


These are my Valentines inspired marshmallow crispies (valentines purely because I made them pink and drew some hearts on there.. that counts, right?)  perfect to do a spot of baking with the little ones, and lets be honest, we all love a good rice krispie cake!


INGREDIENTS
It's nice and simple this one, you will need,
3 Cups - Marshmallows (preferably small)
4 Cups - Rice Krispies 
1/4 Cup - Unsalted Butter
You can use a splash of food colouring too for a pop of colour and a bit of fun!

METHOD
Melt the butter in a large pan (this is also the time to add the food colouring if you want it).

Once the butter is all melted down, add in the marshmallows and gently melt into a soft liquid, I must say I found this part extremely satisfying and Tom thought it was the greatest stuff ever!

Soon as the marshmallows have melted, take it off the heat and add in your Rice Krispies, you have to work quickly here so mix them in well, then transfer into a baking dish which has been greased, or use baking parchment and then press it down to flatten it.

After that we wait... patiently, sort of. Until the Rice Krispie mix has completely cooled.


Once completely cool, cut into squares, and then the fun part DECORATING! 
We just used some sprinkles and a little icing to pipe on some hearts! 



Tom got very involved in the whole process, but Ewan, as I suspected, didn't really want much to do with the whole thing! Oh well - You win some, you lose some!


This post has been linked with Stephanie and Lorraine for their Little Appetites Linky. 




RaisingEmily

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a completely perfect Valentines Day treat to me! Yummy! Your kids looked like they had a great time too, getting really stuck in there! I'm a typical girl so adore the colour choice all the way! Thankyou for linking up with #LittleAppetites this week and we hope to see more creations from you next week, that'd be exciting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I enjoyed doing this linky! And so did the kids I think, well Tom anyway! Lol x

      Delete
  2. So simple and yet looks yummy! Must give this a go with William! #littleappetites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you yeah it's great because it's so easy so brill for the kids! X

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this, we made some heart shaped krispie treats this week too, we used marshmallow fluff instead though, you can find it on my blog if you want to try it a different way. It looks like your little man wasn't best pleased at waiting for it to set. Emily hates waiting, she eats the mixture straight out the bowl before I get the chance to do anything. haha. Thank you for linking up with #littleappetites, I hope to see you again next week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, I did think about using marshmallow fluff just for a bit of ease but it was quite therapeutic watching the marshmallows mealt lol! Tom hates having to wait for anything too! X

      Delete
    2. I had to blooming heat up the marshmallow fluff anyway so I'm pretty sure it would be just as easy for me to melt the marshmallows haha. That is what you get for trying to cut corners I guess. xx

      Delete
  4. Yum these look lovely! Must try these with Isla xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely they were so easy to do and you don't need much to make them! xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete