Saturday 6 February 2016

Perfect Homemade Pesto | Recipe

My perfect pesto recipe



I have been making this pesto for years now and it never fails, once you have tried this you wont want to buy it jarred again - trust me.
It's a firm favorite in this house, whether it's the kids, or a meal with friends it always goes down a treat.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it to your taste, if you like basil, wack it in, if you are a fan of garlic, go for it! (providing it's not a hot date you're making this for) There is no exact science to it, and that's the way I like my cooking to be!


INGREDIENTS

Basil - One of my favorite herbs to use, something so refreshing about both the smell and taste of basil. Nothing that reminds me of summer days more.
Garlic - I am a big fan of garlic, did you know it has the potential to reduce the risk of heart disease, cholesterol levels and even cancer? So get it down you, raw is best. I remember my Grandad used to eat raw garlic almost every day!
Pine nuts -  They add an amazing crunch, you could roast them before hand for even more flavor.
Parmesan - Try not to buy this stuff ready grated, it quickly loses it's flavor that way, it will last longer as a solid block in the fridge anyway.
Olive Oil - This is what brings it all together into a paste - how much of this you add depends on the consistency you like your pesto.


METHOD

Simpy Chop everything into manageable chunks and add to your blender, blend to the texture that you like, sometimes it's nice to leave some chunks in there, other times smooth is the way to go! Tip - Start by adding a small amount of Olive Oil and then gradually keep adding to get the desired consistency.


There you have it, how easy was that? 
The best way to enjoy this is with pasta of course! But another suggestion I have tried in the past, is stuffed into a chicken breast and wrapped in bacon, you could also just dip some bread in there!

If you're one of those sneaky parents (like I can be) you can always blend in some spinach, they will never notice!
Also if you make too much, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week. 


Let me know if you try this recipe and what you thought to it down in the comments below, I would love to know!

Anna xx







No comments:

Post a Comment